Here are some sites with information on the history of White Cane Day and the white cane.
- Does the cane have to be white to be effective an article from VisionAware.
- Wikipedia has a great series of articles on the history of the white cane which also covers White Cane Safety Day.
- The National Federation of the Blind has created a Model White Cane Bill. The White Cane laws around the U.S. are based in part on this model White Cane Bill.
- The American Council of the Blind has put together a List of White Cane Laws in all 50 States
- Marc Maurer, former president of the National Federation of the Blind, wrote an article called White Cane Safety Day: A Symbol of Independence which talks about the white cane and what it means to blind people.